Preparation helps keep you safe while driving.
There are so many things that can go wrong with your car or other drivers. Safe driving is key, but it is also good to be prepared especially if you are going on long trips.
As semi-truck drivers, long trips mean that your cab is your home. The truck driving instructors at 160 Driving Academy prepare their students for long trips. They teach their students safe driving tactics, prepare them for adverse weather conditions, and instruct them on how to react if something goes wrong.
Part of this preparation includes having all of the right equipment with you. Before you head out for your next trip, check your cab to make sure you have all of these items:
- Cell Phone and Charger- You don’t want a dead phone when you are in the middle of nowhere.
- First-Aid Kit- It’s really helpful for any minor injury. This also includes any regular or emergency medication.
- Car Emergency Kit- This includes three emergency triangles, fire extinguisher, jumper cables and a tire gauge.
- Winter Kit- If you are traveling in the winter, be sure to keep a shovel, gloves, hats, blankets, ice scraper, and cat litter in your truck.
- Other Necessities- Pack plenty of nonperishable snacks and drinking water. A multi-purpose tool like a Swiss Army Knife is also helpful.
Hunger strikes and weather changes, but being prepared helps prepare you for challenges that may arise. Plan ahead and drive safely!
Are you interested in earning your CDL? Your career awaits at 160 Driving Academy! Call or visit their website to learn more about their truck driving courses and get signed up today!