With the current nationwide shortage of truck drivers, now’s the time to enter the field. According to the American Trucking Associations:
- 500,000,000,000: You read that right…the trucking industry brought in $500 billion in gross freight revenues, representing 81.9% of our nation's freight costs.
- 6,800,000: More than 6.8 million people work in the trucking industry.
- 3,200,000: 3.2 million professional truck drivers are employed today.
- 164,000: 164,000 truck drivers are women.
- 300,000: By 2014, a shortage of 300,000** drivers is expected…the industry is desperate for new drivers!